You know that as a believer you are called to forgive―but how? How can you truly forgive someone who hurt you? What does "letting it go" actually look like? What if they don''t even seem sorry?
Find refreshment in God''s Word with this six-week study on forgiveness by Rose Publishing. Packed with practical tips, realistic advice, and discussion questions, the 6-week Choosing Forgiveness Bible Study invites you to dive deeper into the Bible and shows you how to apply its truth to your life. Discover:
- 9 Signs of a Forgiving Heart
- 11 Barriers to Forgiveness
- 4 Bible Truths to Set You Free
- 8 Steps to Reconciliation
Unlike other Bible studies on these topics, these studies use larger print, charts, bulleted list and an easy-to-scan format, along with discussion questions and life applications for each week.
112 pages. 6"x9" Paperback. Perfect for small groups, Bible study, and individual use.
Based on June Hunt''s bestselling Hope for the Heart Series (which has sold over 1 million copies), this 6-week Bible study dives straight into Scripture and shows how to foster a heart of forgiveness and how to let go of the bitterness, resentment, and hurt that can so easily ensnare. Featuring practical tips, Scripture, and counseling insight, this Bible study will navigate you through key stories of the Bible, as well as the inspiring story of Corrie Ten Boon, pulling out nuggets of wisdom that will help you forgive and move forward.
3 Key Features of the Choosing Forgiveness Hope for the Heart Bible Study
- Digs into Scripture: Find out what the Bible says about forgiveness, reconciliation, characteristics of un-forgiveness, and more.
- Interactive and Practical: Based on the bestselling Hope for the Heart Series (over 1 million copies sold), this trusted study includes reflection questions, journaling, study guide, quizzes, and practical steps you can take each day.
- Relevant and Relatable: It shares real stories and answers tough questions, such as: How do if I know I''m still harboring resentment? Is forgiving someone letting them "off the hook?"
- Anyone Can Lead It! Easy-to-follow leader tips, preparation guides, and step-by-step instructions will give you the confidence to take a disciple or an entire group through the study!
Simple Biblical Foundations for Practical Solutions
Unlike other group studies available, this Hope for the Heart Bible Study is laid out in an easy-to-follow format with key principles straight from the Word of God. Relevant Scriptures are outlined and formatted to clearly give you a step-by-step roadmap to help you understand and overcome unforgiveness, all while equipping you to lead others on the path to freedom!
- Summarizes Causes, Definitions, Characteristics, and Solutions
- Provides Clear Outlines, Key Points, and Scripture References
- Includes Reflection Questions and Space for Journaling
Easy-to-Understand Forgiveness Bible Study that Anyone Can Lead
Lead with ease using the step-by-step leader tips that help you set expectations, plan studies, facilitate participation, set time limits, and meet your goals. Each of the study''s sections is clearly written and packed with simple explanations and definitions. Small pointers like thanking your group members for attending, respecting confidentiality, and setting aside time for prayer will make your small group a safe and nurturing place to grow and learn with even the most difficult topics.
Enjoy Having Bible-Based Advice on Forgiveness and Practical Steps
How could they do this? Why would they treat me this way? During your life, you will encounter the need to give or receive forgiveness. But when wounds run deep, forgiveness can seem impossible. With June Hunt''s Hope for the Heart Bible Study, get equipped with the practical tools and Scriptures to break free from unforgiveness and experience the peace and joy God intends for you!
1. Definitions of Forgiveness
The Definitions section guides you into the topic by laying the foundation for a broad understanding from a biblical and relatable standpoint. Includes—
- The story of Holocaust-survivor Corrie Ten Boom that puts forgiveness into a sensitive & relatable context
- Concise definitions on what forgiveness is, plus 15 things forgiveness is NOT (based on fairness, an option, enabling bad behavior, etc.)
- The 5 differences between forgiveness and reconciliation
- 4 powerful Scriptures on divine forgiveness to help you in times of need
2. Characteristics of Forgiveness
The Characteristics section spotlights various aspects that are often associated with forgiveness and unforgiveness, giving a deeper understanding to the topic.
- "9 Signs of an Unforgiving Heart" (with Scriptures!)
- "9 Signs of a Forgiving Heart" (with Scriptures!)
3. Causes of Unforgiveness
The Causes section identifies the physical, emotional, and spiritual sources of unforgiveness.
- 11 reasons why forgiveness is so difficult (with Scriptures!)
- "The Root Cause of Unforgiveness" & where unforgiveness comes from
- "Foundations of Forgiveness" and 4 biblical truths to help anyone forgive
4. Biblical Steps to Solution (Parts 1-3)
The Steps to Solution sections provide action plans designed to help you—and help you help others—learn to forgive from a scriptural point of view.
- "9 Reasons to Forgive"
- "Four Stages of Forgiveness" & 9 prayers to help you let go
- "8 Practical Steps Toward Reconciliation" and how to forgive again
Each of the 4 sections is packed with reflection questions and space for note-taking to help you apply biblical concepts to your personal life and so you can start experiencing God''s transformation today!
Preview of Choosing Forgiveness Bible Study
The Hope for the Heart Bible Studies are perfect for—
- Small group & Bible studies
- Sunday school
- Young adult and youth ministry
- Single parents groups
- Addiction & recovery programs
- Church giveaways
- and much more
What Others are Saying about the Study
"I chose the Forgiveness [study] because this is what a friend needed and I did the study with her and she was immediately helped by it. She was set free and continues to be free. This was three weeks ago. For this reason, I am cheering this on!" — Barbara, Bible study leader
"I never learned about how to forgive before... just a word that I knew i was supposed to do because Christ commanded it but had such a struggle with it. Your study helped break the barrier. It really helped me to understand how to forgive others. I had looked up the verses with forgiveness in them before but this study pulled the concept together. This study changed my ability to forgive. I did it individually and got so much from the study so in a group would add so much more." — Jean, Bible study participant
"The study was easy to teach and easy to follow. It had good scripture references to support each of the points in each chapter. The "Write from the Heart" sections were useful to thinking through the personal application aspect." — Margaret, Bible study leader
"This is a superb Bible Study! ... As leader, I was amazed at how exciting and beneficial this study was for our group. Excellent study." — Kay, Bible study leader
"This resource is excellent as it both clearly explains definitions of what ''forgiveness'' is and is not providing many useful practical and biblical illustrations including pointing us back to Jesus, the scriptures and prayer." —Anna, Bible study leader
"I was not aware that so many church people were withholding forgiveness. I am absolutely amazed at the changes evident in the lives of those choosing to forgive." — Ken, Bible study leader
"My women''s Sunday school class and I thoroughly enjoyed and learned from this study. It hit home with each participant. We all feel that we grew in our understanding of the Word through this study. One of my ladies felt it was the one of the best studies she has ever done. All my class wants to do this study again either individually or as a class again in the future. They felt it was the correct length. They also felt the readings from Corrie Ten Boom''s life were very powerful. They also felt that the examples used and the questions asked were very good. Personally, this study compelled me to act on a situation in which I needed to ask someone for his forgiveness. I wrote a letter to this person. Even before I mailed it, I felt that I had been obedient to the Lord and a huge burden had been lifted from me. Thank you." — Roxanna, Bible study leader
ABOUT THE HOPE FOR THE HEART BIBLE STUDY SERIES
The Hope for the Heart Bible Study Series covers many day-to-day problems that Christians face. These 6 topical Bible studies with 6 sessions each, give biblical hope and practical help along life application and discussion questions.
Author and counselor, June Hunt founded Hope For The Heart, a ministry that changes lives with resources translated into 30+ languages on 6 continents. She hosts two national radio programs, including Hope In The Night, featuring live call-in counseling. Her 100-topic Biblical Counseling Library provides biblical hope and practical help for today’s problems.
"After decades of counseling men and women from all walks of life, June knows how to lead readers to truth―truth that liberates because it is truth from God." —Kay Arthur, co-founder of Precept Ministries International and bestselling author
June Hunt is a biblical counselor whose award-winning radio program "Hope for the Heart" is heard on nearly 900 radio outlets around the world. For more than 30 years, she has counseled people, offering them hope for today''s problems. June has helped many people with emotional, relational, and spiritual problems experience God''s love through biblical hope and practical advice.